Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bus Pilots Family Reunion 2009

Another reunion has come and gone. We seem to have progressively more fun every year at the Bus Pilots Family Reunion. This year was filled with the cruise, the rally, the show and some parties. I saw three garages over which I have not stopped drooling, met awesome people, Craig drove what is (in my opinion) the sexiest splitty in Boise (see the photo below--thank you James--that is probably the most sincere excitement I've ever seen in my husband's eyes), and we were filled with visions of Volkswagens dancing in our heads. Also, Craig entered Copper in the show this year and won an award (okay, we might have been uncontested in our category, but whatever, a plaque is a plaque) for best air cooled type 2, 1980 or newer.

Type 2
Type 1 and Type 3
Our friends Sam and Jessica (and Max and Ramona, but you can't see them).

I will post pictures this week of BB's fresh white top and interior. We're painting the yellow this coming weekend. We're also hoping to have BlueBell's body work done by then so we can slap a fresh coat of Diamond Blue on her.

2 comments:

James and Tessie Page said...

Congrats on the trophy! Glad you had fun. It was great getting to know you better and I'm glad you liked driving the black bus. You can return the favor once you get that Hottie sunroof bay rollin'.

James and Tessie Page said...

I heart Diamond Blue.