Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 4: Kelley Park VW Show

Kelley Park is a really cool venue for a VW show. I don’t know much about its history but here’s what historysanjose.org has to say about it. “With 27 original and reproduction homes, businesses and landmarks History Park [in Kelley Park] highlights Santa Clara Valley's past. Complete with paved streets, running trolleys and a cafe, this 14-acre site has the charm and ambiance of times gone by.” I would add—is especially spectacular when lined with beautifully restored Volkswagens. For me, it just doesn’t get better than history, Volkswagens, and sunshine (well, my husband too, but I don’t want to get all sappy on ya) all together.


I think this is going to be best described in pictures. Here it is: Kelley Park 2010. (oh, and thanks to my friends for letting me steal about half of these pictures…I don’t usually worry about photo disclaimers on this site but if you are going to use any of these pictures for monetary gain or something like that, then um…ask me first or something like that. Whatever you’re supposed to say.)






After the show ended, we headed home. Again, it was a long drive, but so much fun.

3 comments:

Blogger said...

Nice Pictures (funny disclaimer ;)

That red Bug with the tent is interesting! oh and SWEEET orange squareback!

wonder where the best place to find a list of all the (great) Northwest VW Shows?

Thanks,

Paul

emily said...

every time you post photos of various vw's, i am just sort of in awe and dream of the day when i too will have a vw bus. and paint it bright green. err something.
love these :)

Blogger said...

Just FYI - I found a listing of VW Shows on 'thesamba.com' - Good stuff.