Thursday, April 30, 2009

History.

Here’s the original user’s manual from the still to be named blue bus. For simplicity’s sake, I’ll call it “New VW” This was very exciting as it was the first time we’ve found vintage memorabilia of any sort in our VWs.

How people’s car-esque of VW to include an engine diagram.


Maintenance records for one owner…note the purchase price in the upper right hand corner. This is exactly what we paid for it 24 years later. Therein lies the beauty of owning really old cars.
I was giddy with excitement when I found the M-code. Craig doesn’t find M-codes as enchanting as I do. Am I wrong here people? Aren’t they are freaking fantastic?!

What we discovered from our M-code was that we aren’t going to restore this baby to its original form. Sorry purists, we disappoint yet again. New VW was white, was a Westfalia, and was imported to San Francisco (is that weird?) in 1967. If you want your VW to be white, that's great, but I love color and this car can acceptably painted any color, or all colors simultaneously for that matter. I’m not painting it white.

0 comments: