Friday, September 11, 2009

Words Fail

Some people say that a picture is worth 1,000 words. I say--words are great, but when they fail, use pictures. This post has been due for a week, but I just couldn't write it...

Oh, and if you'd like to purchase any of my amazing illustrations, they're available for 25 cents plus shipping.












So, now our plan is to turn BB back to her original Westy form. I don't know much about bay window Westfalia buses other than that they are wicked cool, so I hope to have some dumb questions as we go along. I'm wondering whether it is going to be a) nearly impossible, b) really expensive, or c) relatively easy to find an old Westy top. The Negative Nancy in me is confident that they're going to be impossible and really expensive. I hope to be wrong.

To our faithful readers: please don't turn your backs on us during this interim period during which we have no working VW camper! We'll still have plenty of poor illustrations, silly photos, horribly written stories, and general VW goodness on our blog. Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

Big Blue's Driver said...

Yeah - thanks for the very subtle callout. I wish I knew more about going back to the westy conversion. My guess is, interior, easy. Poptop - may take a little more exactness.

But, you should consider the Riviera top. We love ours...

Good luck. We'll be following along.