Friday, May 1, 2009

Oxidation Apprehension

First matter of business. Last night was I was looking at my pathetic garden and wanted to blog about it, but it really is not VW site appropriate so I'm going to revive my old blog. http://www.minniemag.blogspot.com/ Come here for VW info, and then if you care to, go there to read about everything else.

Okay, back to VWs.

I swear there was less rust on this floor before I washed it...and no, I didn't create more rust by leaving water on the floor. :-)
I'm currently taking suggestions on what the best rust reversal methods are. Most of what we have here is surface rust. The base of the wall on the passenger side is a bit sketchy. We'll see how that goes. At some point in the past, Craig had used that pink gooey marine gel which, we tried on this project, but in my opinion it didn't do much. We are planning to replace the floor under the driver and front passenger seats, but I think the rest of it is salvageable. Wish me luck.

0 comments: