Monday, August 3, 2009

"If you're in such a hurry you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do."

Progess has been slow but sure lately on BB. Slow progress tends to be easier on the pocketbook, so I’m not complaining.
We had worked so hard and fast to get BB and Bluebell ready to paint that we were completely burnt out by the time the paint was on the buses and Craig’s brother had left. We took a couple of days off and, as I mentioned earlier, we started putting things back together last week.

Even though we had carefully labeled everything that came off of Doris, I seem to be repeatedly meeting the challenge of screws not quite fitting in holes on BB. I’ve almost got all of the lights in and Craig has been working on removing the wheels so that we can paint the rims. You’d think this would be about a 15 minute project. The problem is that the lug nuts are STUCK. Craig, his dad and his brother combined forces and attempted to remove one of them two weeks ago. They gave up.

My big tough husband is making progress, but it is taking about 16 times longer than anticipated.

I keep getting heat for “forgetting” to put pictures on the blog of myself and only including pics of Craig, so here you go. A picture of me. How lovely. PS. I did a write up last night of our camping/caving weekend at Shoshone, but Blogger was being a *%&$# and I lost the post. If Blogger was an actual physical object, I would have kicked it. Anyway, more to come on that once I’ve regained the energy that I require to tell stories; which, for me is not a small amount.

3 comments:

Ludwig's Drivers said...

While you've got the engine out, it's a perfect time for some new shocks:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=konis&start=20

Alright,
whc03grady.

Big Blue's Driver said...

"Slow progress tends to be easier on the pocketbook" - oh so true.

Minnie said...

Ha ha--loved the shocks link. Not a bad idea either.